1. Create a Case Study page. (Edit “Write Page”)
2. Name the Page Title “Case Study “.
Once you have created a Case Study page, insert a link to the Business Organisation in the case study page.
Feel free to add pictures, logos, brand names etc
Begin your assignment by responding to the following questions in your case study blog.
Module One (Business Organisation and Environment) Learning Outcomes
3. Describe how business activity in your company combines human, physical and financial resources to create goods and services What does the company do? and how does it go about business?
4. Analyze the impact on business activity due to current changes in the economy.
5. Is the business in the Primary, Secondary or Tertiary sector. Describe the nature of the sector and evidence from your business?
6. When was the last AGM of the business? What was an issue raised?
7. Does the business have a mission statement? What is it and is it suitable?
8.Discuss the different social and/or environmental responsibilities that the firm has implemented.
9.List and name three relevant external stakeholders that are directly engaged with the Business organisation, e.g name of the supplier.
10.Prepare a PEST analysis that analyses the impact of the external environment on the Business Organisation.
11. Does the Business Organisation have a division or subsidiary in a country that is a member of a regional economic group or trading bloc? Name the country and the trading group or bloc.
12. If the Business is a MNC, what, if any, is the impact of its presence in the host country named in Question 11.
Module Four (Marketing) Learning Outcomes
13. What are the characteristics of the market that the firm is immersed in, e.g. market growth, market share, market size?
14. Does the Business market goods or services and is the marketing product or market led? Name a two USP’s evident in the products or services.
15. Apply the elements of the Marketing Mix to your Business organisation.
16. Does the Business have a family of brands? What is the value of Business’ main brand?
17. Use either the Product Life Cycle or the Boston Matrix to analyse at least 2 products or services the company offers (no need to illustrate/draw). As you analyse the products or services decide what the company could do to improve.
18. For your business organisation, evaluate the threats posed by entry into international markets, considering the cultural, legal, political, social and economic issues of entering international markets.
Module 5 (Operations Management)
19. Analyse the quality control methods used in your company.
20. Is your company located in different regions? Explain the causes and consequenses of location and relocation, both domestically and internationally as it applies to your company. Consider the effects of globalization on location.
21. With an example that relates to your company, explain the role of local and national standards in assuring quality for consumers.
22. Explain the importance of R&D for your company and that of intellectual property rights.
23. Does your company outsource? Find some examples of outsourced or subcontracted work as it relates to your company.
Module 3 (Accounting and Finance)
24. Calculate the working capital of your company for the last three years of data available. Comment on whether the working capital has been increasing or decreasing and what this means for the corporation?
25. Calculate the profitability of the corporation using two separate ratios for the last three years of data available for a total of 6 ratios. Comment on whether the profitability has been increasing or decreasing and the relationship between direct and indirect costs.
26. Calculate the liquidity of the corporation using two separate ratios for the last three years of data available for a total of 6 ratios. Comment on whether the liquidity has been increasing or decreasing and the relationship between direct and indirect costs.
27. Evaluate stratregies on how the corporation can deal with liquidity problems.
28. Analyse and interpret one liquidity and one profitability ratio from the perspective of one internal and one external stakeholder.
29. Explain the purpose and importance of final accounts for three different stakeholder groups.